- 1 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c. rolled oats (“old-fashioned oats”)
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/4 c. cooking oil
- 3/4 c. banana
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts (I used walnuts)
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- dash of nutmeg (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease twelve 2.5 inch muffin cups, do not line with papers. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a medium bowl, mash the banana with a fork. Combine with egg, milk, oil, and chopped nuts. Dump mixture of dry ingredients into the wet ingredients bowl. Throw in dashes of cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir with banana mashing fork until moistened. Batter will be lumpy.
3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each two-thirds full (if there is a bit of batter left, worry not and simply top off every cup evenly, or do what I did and make mini muffins). Bake for 18 to 20 minutes (15 minutes for mini muffins) or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes, extract, serve warm.
Basic recipe from Betty Crocker cookbook, 14th edition.